Health & Safety Manager
- Reading, United Kingdom
- £65,000 per annum
A client of mine who has a focus on Telecommunications and Infrastructure are looking to recruit a Health, Safety and Environment Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. The selected candidate will collaborate with the Head of Management Systems to conceptualise, construct, and execute a progressive and integrative Safety agenda implementing operating systems and establishing a preventative methodology drawing upon practical based experience. In addition to this you will Coordinate the development of a vision and mission for a broad-based, holistic concept of Safety for UK in accordance with the organisation’s adoption of the ISO Standards.
This organisation is currently in a period of change, so therefore needs to open to change and also adapting to new ways of working when required. This telecommunications company are leading in Europe with over 70,000 sites therefore candidate with Telecoms background would be advantageous.
The appointed SHE Manager will advise upon and discharge the organisational direction for effective Safety based interventions linked to positive and inclusive behaviour for all employees, supply chain and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Responsible for providing The Competent person, SME ,Safety and risk intelligent professional support to the UK whilst supporting and advising all management teams, employees and supply chain partners.
- Monitor evaluate Safety legislation ensuring that UK has systems and procedures in place to meet legal compliance and other requirements.
- Review and inform of the development of all aspects of UK Safety policies and activity and ensure that it is implemented consistently across the organisation.
- Ensure rigorous risk assessment and learning methodologies and systems are effectively dispersed across the organisation in conjunction with the HSE.
- Work collaboratively with support functions (in particular CIP, E&I and HR ) to form sustainable relationships designed to establish a cohesive long-term improvement program for Safety Health and Wellbeing
- Develop training and communications strategies which underpin programmes designed to help our colleaguese understand how best to manage the general Safety of project delivery , themselves and their colleagues along with when and where to access specialist support as appropriate.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the practical application of practitioner led techniques internally and externally for UK; promoting our “Take Care” approach to Safety within our customer base and prospective customers as requested.
- Develop and manage risk based assurance programmes consistent with monitoring the application and efficiency of corporate Safety policies and procedures and to interpret and recommend strategies designed to positively affect operations.
- Provide intellect and oversight to maximise efficiencies in operations and ensure service quality initiatives are consistent with those of UK, regulatory industry standards and customer expectations across Safety disciplines.
- Recommend and where directed, discharge activities across all areas of Health and Wellbeing including Mental Health , in support of a homogenous approach to the delivery of workplace interventions across UK .
- Assist in the development and