Health & Safety Officer
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £30,000 to £40,000 per annum
Our client is looking for an experienced Health and Safety Officer for a Full time (1-2 year contract), based in London, primary focus will be to execute and develop the organisation’s Health and Safety Compliance Strategy.
Salary £30,000 – £40,000 per annum
Secondary focus will be to facilitate the implementation of Health & Safety management systems ensuring legal compliance and ensure safe systems of work are adhered to. In addition, you will advise, consult or train on operational and strategic Health & Safety issues.
It would be advantage if you have had experience of working in a policing or security environment with volunteers or associated workers for a non-profit organisation.
* Create and refine Health & Safety arrangements and Safe Working Methods (SWMs) for office spaces, staff and volunteers.
* Develop and maintain a safe working environment and safe systems of work for office spaces, staff and volunteers.
* Implementation of workplace Health & Safety audits/inspection programmes.
* Ensuring systems in place for the effective investigation of accidents and incidents.
* Ensure that an effective programme is in place for the assessment of risk and implementation of control & management systems.
* Ensure that an effective programme is in place for the reporting and management of hazards.
* Ensure all relevant areas of the organisation are kept up-to-date with new/changes in Health & Safety legislation.
The ideal candidate should have:
* Ability to demonstrate understanding of current Health & Safety legislation with a proven ability to influence and develop relationships at all levels within the business.
* Excellent communication skills with a natural ability to build strong relationships.
* Exceptional problem-solving skills with a persistence to see issues resolved.
* Superb organiser with a professional and mature manner.
* Proactive and results orientated with the determination to see projects through from start to finish.
* Customer orientated and understands the urgency of replying to requests in a timely fashion.
* Ability to manage changing workloads and conflicting priorities at short notice.
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or call me on 02392314795
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.