Health, Safety & Wellbeing Manager
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £45,000 to £50,000 per annum
My client delivers a hard Facilities Management contract and associated package of project works to a unique and complex facility in Whitehall, Central London.
HSE Managers that have got a strong background in Hard and Soft Services within a Facilities Management setting, managing Refurbishments, Renovation, Fit out, Contruction works would be a good fit for this position. In addition to this candidiates that have managed the Health & Safety for Data Centre Install and Fit Out would also be of great interest.
As a Health & Safety Manager you will provide HSE management support and Wellbeing to the operational business within the associated remit to assist in the discharging of Health, Safety & Wellbeing requirements. To provide compatible Health, Safety & Wellbeing Management activities & solutions in line with local requirements.
* Act as Site HSE representative to ensure that all operational elements of the business meet with high standards of HSE at all times
* Identify and report monthly Key Risks and Events by providing the allocated business and UK HS&W Operational Manager with a monthly HSE Report, summarised from allocated site operational data.
* Review and summarise all accidents, identifying root cause and mitigation. Follow up any significant accidents to determine prevention measures and provide advice and guidance.
* Set annual KPIs based around HS&W Audit verification plan and monitor and report HSE Audit activity and corrective actions for the UK.
* Act as first point of HSE support for HS&W requirements and risks identified by site Managers and provide necessary support and guidance.
* Attend pre-arranged H&S Meetings and engage with working HS&W working groups to promote best practice within the contract.
* Carry out Accident and Incident Investigations in line with Investigation procedures and produce adverse event reports. Present significant findings to site management and the UK HSE Manager
* Promote a culture of full compliance and continual improvement for all HSE requirements, ensuring compliance with legislation and company HS&W policies is maintained and practised at all times.
This role represents an opportunity to work on a unique facility at a time when it is being completely overhauled.
For the purposes of security clearance please note that you MUST be a British National and cannot have worked outside of the UK within the last 10 years.
- Previous experience within a similar role
- NEBOSH Certificate (Mandatory).
- NEBOSH Diploma or Equivalent or working towards (Mandatory).
- Professional Membership to IOSH (or currently working towards CPD-IPD).
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Auditor trained
- Knowledge of ISO systems and their implementation
- Good IT skills
- Good interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Good presentation skills
To apply for this position please contact Charlotte Hall on 02392 322318 or forward an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.