- Cheshire East, United Kingdom
- £23,000 to £24,000 per annum
A client of mine in Middlewich is looking to recruit an HGV Mechanic on a permanent basis. The position as an HGV Mechanic will be to undertake all vehicle/plant servicing fault diagnosis and defect rectification associated with Fleet operations to meet the requirements and legal responsibilities. You will inspect and test vehicles to VOSA, MOT and Taxi Licencing standards.
- Carry out scheduled servicing inspection and preparation for testing as required for all fleet vehicles (LGV to small vehicles)
- Carry out MOT Tests for Minibuses (Class 5) Cars (Class 4) and motorcycles for customers including general public. Carry out conformity tests as required by taxi operators and other specialist tests e.g. LOLER upon request.
- Undertake regular safety inspections of LGV’s in accordance with the statutory requirements. To maintain Goods Vehicle Operators Licence and Repair defects as necessary
- Inspect vehicles plant and specialist equipment to diagnose faults (mechanical/electrical/hydraulic) and repair as necessary
- Complete all necessary records relating to the inspection, service and repair of all fleet items in accordance with statutory and administrative requirements
- Provide out of hours repairs and breakdown cover as required by front line services
- Liaise with colleagues, vehicle operatives and managers to prioritise workload, organise replacement parts and/or specialist support when required
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- HGV Driving Licence
- Experienced in maintaining a variety of fleet vehicles
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Good organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or press apply.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.