- Norfolk, United Kingdom
- £17,000 to £26,000 per annum
37.5 Hours Per Week
£17,000 – £26,000
25 Days Holiday + 8 BH
Permanent – Remote working possible
- The clients Highways team in Norwich is expanding rapidly to meet the significant workload we have secured and are looking for Technicians with experience or aptitude to join our Highways focused environment.
- Working with the Local Team and the prestige of working alongside Local Government this Commission is making a real difference to the local community.
- We are looking to grow your professional portfolio and in particular give you the opportunity to gain experience in design to work in our Norwich office. The team is growing and offers excellent opportunities for the right candidate.
- The successful candidate will be assigned to a dedicated team whose main work is developing preliminary and detailed designs for highway schemes and local authority transport improvements.
- Managing programmes of work and preparing designs and specifications.
- Undertaking services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); site and structure inspections, data collection and analysis, traffic order making, works/construction inspection and supervision to progress scheme design, development and construction.
- Whilst being supervised preparing technical designs in accordance with approved design procedures and systems.
- Preparing drawings, documents and use specialist software.
Personal Experience / qualifications:
- HNC or level 3 qualification in Civil Engineering (or training towards).
- A full and clean drives licence required.
- Computer literate (MS Office).
- Previous experience using AutoCAD preferable.
Or Fluent spoken and written English and an interest in Civil Engineering plus:
- A total of 5 GCSEs at grade (A*-C) or (9-4) which includes:
- GCSE grade (A*-C) or (4-9) in English.
- GCSE grade (A*-C) or (4-9) in Science.
- GCSE grade (A*-B) or (6-9) in Math’s.
Other benefits with package:
- pension schemes.
- life assurance.
- personal accident cover.
- paid professional subscriptions.
Please can all interested candidates either, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, DM me or call my direct number 02392 322389.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.