Housing Options Officer
- Warwickshire, United Kingdom
- £15 per hour
Housing Options Officer
A client of mine in Warwick is looking for a Housing Options Officer to join their team for a period of 8 months, the ideal candidate will use creative solutions to prevent homelessness occurring, and use agreed homelessness prevention and relief practices and negotiation skills to minimise the need to use its own accommodation.
The post holder will provide a proactive homeless prevention service through the provision of comprehensive housing and welfare advice. To undertake a wide range of homeless prevention activities including:-
* Liaison with private sector landlords
* Liaison and mediation with householders excluding family members and others
* Undertake relevant home visits, including working with some of the most difficult and challenging customers during times of anxiety and stress.
* Provision of emergency advice in relation to landlord and tenant law, family law, tenants’ rights, and unlawful eviction
* Access to accommodation options
* Completion of emergency Court applications to suspend possession orders and bailiff’s warrants, including preparation of legal pleadings on behalf of clients.
* Referrals to tenancy deposit scheme, support providers including the Direct Access Hostel and women’s aid refuges in order to prevent or relieve homelessness.
* To prepare and review Personal Housing Plans and Housing Needs Assessments.
Qualifications & Experience
3-5 years’ experience of delivering customer focused, quality services.
Substantial experience of interviewing and providing housing advice to vulnerable clients.
Experience of managing a client case load.
A minimum qualification of 3 GCSEs grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) to include English and Maths.
Experience of working with vulnerable client groups.
In depth and up to date knowledge of the law in relation to homelessness and allocations, including relevant case law.
Knowledge and understanding of the broad Housing Agenda and its impact on society.
Ability to make and communicate difficult decisions. Excellent interpersonal and listening skills.
Ability to calmly deal with people in challenging situations at all levels. To empathise and display sensitivity and courtesy at all times.
Please note this role falls inside IR35.
To apply for this position please submit your up to date CV via email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Karen Otton on 02392 314795.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.