HYDRAULIC MODELLER – PERMANENT – £22,000 – £35,000 – KENT
| Overview of the role:
This role involves updating InfoWorksWS Hydraulic models of the Water Distribution System used to assess the effects of change. There is a constant need to update these models to reflect resource development, new infrastructure, capital maintenance and changes in demand patterns.
The successful candidate will, as a minimum, hold A levels in maths, physics or geography or have knowledge of the water distribution system. A degree is preferable but not essential.
- Carry out extensive model rebuild or updating as required using GIS, Scopex, Aquanet and pressure logging software.
- Demand assessments using billing data and other system metering.
- Discussions with operational staff to confirm current network configuration
- Site visits to determine functional calibration field tests.
Other duties may include:
- Assess developer enquiries with all mains InfoWorks models and arrange flow and pressure tests where necessary.
- Make recommendations for any reinforcement required to maintain levels of service and assisting Developer Services in their response to developers.
- Meet associated KPIs.
- Modelling/network assessment to support DG2 investigations and scoping of schemes within Asset Planning.
- Giving modelling support to other departments:
- Engineering: sizing pumps and providing information for surge analysis.
- Water Quality: age of water, source of supply, direction of flow
- Operations: managing planned work and emergency incidents.
- Leakage: leak detection, DMA reorganisation and pressure management
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.