- New York County, United States
- $85,000 to $120,000 per annum
Intermediate Architects Wanted!
Our client is a 25-person firm located in New York’s Flatiron district. Their design work spans projects focusing on municipal, cultural, education and multi-residential housing projects. This firm is highly recognized for their expertise, innovation and pioneering resilience master planning and sustainability, with a focus on energy-conscious design. If you are highly motivated, competent in working independently and as part of a team, have experience across all phases of design up through and including construction administration and are a conceptual and strategic thinker, this role might be for you!
If you are looking for a firm with excellent projects, a great growth structure and an opportunity to be part of work that is highly recognized across Manhattan, please get in touch!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare original architectural plans, diagrams and data visualization.
- Perform limited design assignments under general supervision.
- Independently evaluate, select and apply standard planning techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Using judgment for minor adaptations and modifications.
- Recommend procedures in planning matters.
- Work from plans/designs of others to compile data and perform design computations.
- Assist in writing specifications.
- Visit construction sites to gather information.
- Receives instruction on specific assignment objectives and independently provides solutions for these objectives.
- Support more senior planners and architects on large projects.
- 3-8 years’ experience with a professional degree in Architecture preferred
- High proficiency with AutoCAD, Adobe Suite and Revit knowledge is a plus (looking to transition into Revit)
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and ability to grasp complex functional program requirements.
- You will be attending construction progress meetings in the field and do facilitate administrative duties related to that work.
- Commitment to design develop with relation to rehabilitation work on existing structures.
Our client offers competitive salary based from the updated 2019 AIA Salary Survey, have excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision, a flexible spending account, disability insurance, PTO, holiday pay and a 401(k) match.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.