Junior to Senior Lighting Designers
- New York County, United States
- Undisclosed per annum
Award winning architectural lighting design firm looking for full time Lighting Designers with 0-20 years of relevant work experience in Lighting Design in Manhattan. Candidates should be professionals who are exceptionally well organized, resourceful, conscientious, dedicated and detail-oriented with very good written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
The role of Lighting Designer requires special knowledge and skills, typically acquired through direct work experience.
· Relevant work experience with an understanding in lighting design across architectural, interior and landscape design projects.
· Ability to direct and lead staff and crew in lighting projects (Senior)
· Proficiency in AutoCAD/Revit
· Developed skills in 3D modeling software
· Advanced knowledge in Adobe suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, and MS Office
· Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and superb ability to multi-task.
· Strong sensibility and appreciation for design communication
· Time management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects
Lighting Designer duties and responsibilities (dependent upon seniority) can include:
· Completing all phases of project lighting design, starting from the original conception to final phases
· Directing and reviewing the work of Junior Lighting Designers and Lighting Interns
· Provide lighting design solutions appropriate to client brief, budget and relevant standards.
· Attend client and design team meetings, sometimes involving national and/or international travel.
· Prepare presentations to clients
· Develop lighting design solutions (i.e. engineering exercise) – lighting calculations, research of fixture alternatives, review of fixture samples, construction of temporary mockups
· Oversee the documentation of the lighting design via CAD layouts, lighting details, light fixture schedules, lighting control specifications
· Plan and execute lighting mockups as needed throughout the project
· Review cost estimates of project lighting specifications and adjust lighting design to meet owner’s budget.
· Review construction progress of lighting installation at project site and issue field reports to design team.
· Supervise final aiming of light fixtures and lighting controls programming.
Please submit resumes and portfolios showing relevant work experience to email@example.com
Candidates without Revit proficiency will not be considered
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.