Lead Hydraulic Modeller
- Kent, United Kingdom
- £32,000 to £52,000 per annum
LEAD HYDRAULIC MODELLER – PERM £32,000/£52,000 – LOCATION / KENT
A new opportunity has arisen for a Lead Hydraulic Modeller The role will involve both strategic planning and managing a small team of modellers focussed on developer enquiries and answering a range of operational queries.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and understanding of the hydraulics of a distribution system and the ability to process both historical and specifically gathered company data in Excel, GIS, SCADA and similar formats. Experience of using InfoworksWS or another similar software package is essential. The role will include some technical writing.
Responsibilities and duties will include:
* Strategic studies to determine longer term trunk main operation and reinforcement requirements
* Zonal and local network optimisation
* Discussions with operational staff to confirm current network configuration
* Site visits to determine functional calibration field tests.
* Managing a team of three on a day to day basis who:
o Assess developer enquiries with all mains InfoWorks models and arrange flow and pressure tests where necessary.
o Make recommendations for any reinforcement required to maintain levels of service and assisting Developer Services in their response to developers.
o Meet associated KPIs.
o Modelling/network assessment to support DG2 investigations and scoping of schemes within Asset Planning.
o Giving modelling support to other departments:
Engineering: sizing pumps and providing information for surge analysis.
Water Quality: age of water, source of supply, direction of flow
Operations: managing planned work and emergency incidents.
Operational risk modelling
Leakage: leak detection, DMA reorganisation and pressure management.
Depending on experience other duties may include:
* Carry out extensive model rebuild or updating as required using GIS, Scopex, Aquanet and pressure logging software.
* Demand assessments using billing data and other system metering.
The successful candidate will, as a minimum, hold A levels in maths, physics or geography and have knowledge of a water distribution system. A degree is preferable but not essential.
Please send your CV to email@example.com to be considered for this role.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.