Markets and Street Trading Assistant
- Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
- £17 per hour
A client of mine in Cambridge is looking to recruit a Markets & Street Trading Assistant on an initial 3-Month contract. The position as a Markets & Street Trading Officer will support the team in the day to day operation and development of the Markets and Street Trading Service. The role also includes the issuing of charity street collections, and the proactive management of any on street non-licensable activity, such as busking. The role includes responsibilities for the control and enforcement of street trading within the city’s Street Trading Consent Zone.
- To be responsible for the daily operational management of the markets, ensuring that all market traders comply with the Charter Markets Regulations and the All Saints Arts and Craft Market (ASCM) Terms and Conditions respectively. Where there are breaches of these conditions, the role holder will need to take the necessary and appropriate actions and in accordance with the above documentation.
- To support the service in the management and development of Street Trading in Cambridge in accordance with the Council’s Street Trading policy.
- To assist in the development and improvement of the Cambridge Markets, which will include a broad range of projects aimed at delivering significant improvements to the Markets. This will require active and positive engagement with local stakeholders and the Markets industry nationally, through NABMA and the NMTF. This will require attendance at conferences and training or networking events and workshops as appropriate.
- To take the lead in specific projects set out by the Markets and Street Trading Manager and in accordance with the grading of this post.
- To maintain comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date records on all Market and street trading applications, including attendance, financial information, licences/consents granted, licences/consents rejected, communications with traders, and any other information where relevant for:
- Street Trading pitches
- Market stalls
- Lottery and Charitable Collection
- To support the service in allocating licences for stalls and pitches, and granting permits for lottery registration or charitable collections, all in accordance with service standards, procedures, and codes of practice
- To support the service in the enforcement of current Street Trading regulations to include illegal street traders
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- Educated to A level equivalent or equivalent level of experience/ability
- Experience of working within customer-focused environments
- Experience of complaints handling and management
- Experience of partnership working with internal and external stakeholders across the public and private sectors
- Experience of events management
- Experience of managing small scale projects
- Experienced at managing conflict and aggression and/or dealing with difficult customers
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and proactive in their approach to problem
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Ability to work weekends on a rota basis
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or press apply.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.