- Peterborough, United Kingdom
- £45,000 to £50,000 per annum
£45,000 – £50,000
Our client are a leading design and build company who are currently looking to recruit a proven Mechanical Engineer to work in their Anglian Water team. Working within a multi-disciplinary project team, you’ll provide the mechanical engineering technical capability and design expertise to develop and deliver water and water recycling TOTEX solutions.
- Lead the preparation and analysis of key mechanical options, for review and agreement with the client and key project stakeholders ensuring risks and gaps are mitigated whilst always upholding the Project Basis of Design
- Design calculations facilitating the sizing of mechanical, hydraulic, power generating and building services equipment
- Liaise with the supply chain to ensure the latest technologies are assessed and understood as part of the optioneering process
- Collaborate with the design team to develop 3D models and solutions
- Oversee the outputs for a number of processes including P&IDs and Data sheets. HAZID and HAZOP studies and mechanical input into commissioning plans, including proposed performance tests
- Support the team in the drive towards excellence in Health & Safety, demonstrating applied knowledge and skills to produce safe designs to discharge your obligation according to CDM Regulations and standards
- Identify and promote opportunities to meet the project digital, sustainability, innovation and people objectives
A little bit about your skills, experience and behaviours….
To join us on our quest for consistent engineering excellence, you’ll hold a minimum of a HND or equivalent in a mechanical engineering discipline and have extensive practical mechanical design experience in a similar environment. With a proven track record of designing hydraulic and mechanical systems and products, you’ll also possess a good understanding of modular build and construction processes and procedures. Your broad knowledge of electrical control, instrumentation and switchgear equipment and suppliers will allow you to make value added suggestions and make informed decisions on how to best proceed in complex situations.
Working in a collaborative and integrated way, you’ll be acutely aware of how your work and actions impacts on not only your colleagues, but also our customers across the region. Working with accountability and integrity at all times, you’ll take personal responsibility but also showcase strong teamwork skills to assist in meeting project time lines. Always willing to safely try new approaches and processes, you’ll enjoy utilising new technologies where possible to drive efficiencies.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.