- West Midlands, United Kingdom
- £36,300 to £45,375 per annum
Planner (Utilities) – Birmingham – Permanent – £36,300 / £45,375 + 15% Fund Enhancement
As a Planner at HS2 you will support the Planning team to provide and maintain high level baseline plans of the works. You will prepare periodic analysis and reports including Critical Path Analysis, Earned Value Management, Programme Performance, Risks and Issues, Critical Resource Analysis, and Spend Forecasting.
About the role:
- Support the development of Utility plans within a Delivery Area in accordance with requirements, processes and procedures.
- Assist in establishing a set of Baselines in order to manage and evaluate client performance and contractor performance. Where performance deviates from Baseline, highlight to the Senior Planner, identifying potential impacts and proposing suitable mitigations where applicable.
- Identify key programme interfaces and working with the Planning team, document definitions of these.
- Work closely with Project Managers to maintain P6 programme schedules, and manage the interface between schedules. Provide hierarchical performance reporting such as Earned Value Management process.
- Correlate Schedule, Cost and Risk assessment through integrated solutions to influence critical path analysis thus providing robust/quality plans for decision making.
- Support in What-if scenario planning providing integrated solutions to programme and project conflicts and recoveries.
- Capture, implement and share best practice Project Planning policy, processes and procedures across the business to drive continuous improvement, and provide specialist advice where required.
- Demonstrate through agreed performance indicators the efficiency and effectiveness of the plans and schedules developed and used.
- Actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work. Support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Construction experience gained across a range of projects, with a sound understanding of project management principles and application.
- Experience of working in a project environment and meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of planning systems including Primavera P6.
- Ability to compile data, and present and produce reports for internal and external distribution
If you’d like to be considered for this position, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Aaron on 02392 314675.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.