- Somerset, United Kingdom
- Undisclosed per annum
Salary flexible depending on experience
Enjoy working in a busy environment dealing with a range of projects? If so, we have a job role that could be just right for you.
My clients engineering and construction department is looking for an experienced planner to work within its project delivery team, which has a large ongoing programme of work. Reporting to the planning manager and working within a project team, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining multiple project programmes through design, construction, commissioning and handover. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and confident planner to join the team.
Although based principally in the Somerset area, the role entails working at locations throughout the region and is essential to help monitor the status of individual projects and the programme as a whole to ensure effective efficient delivery. A competitive salary is on offer, along with the opportunity to progress and develop within the business.
The role will include, but not be limited to:
* Developing project programmes using Primavera P6, through liaising with project managers, designers, contractors and site teams.
* Planning and programming the delivery of multiple schemes on behalf of the project managers, aiming to minimise programme timelines, identify risks and provide mitigation to prevent issues.
* Producing and monitoring resource profiles for key roles.
* Administering contract programmes and carrying out critical path and variance analysis.
* Producing monthly variance and programme reports to monitor project performance.
Experience, qualifications and skills required:
* Working knowledge of Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, Excel and Word.
* Understanding of water supply, waste water treatment, civils and mechanical and engineering (M&E) activities.
* Work experience within an engineering/construction office.
* Knowledge of NEC and NEC3 contracts is advantageous.
* A qualification in civils or a mechanical and engineering discipline.
* The ability to analyse programme data and manage a workload of multiple projects.
* Above all, the role requires a motivated individual, who has a can-do attitude and a flexible approach to their work. As well as the willingness to challenge convention and contribute to the successful delivery of services.
In return, a range of benefits including:
* Defined contribution pension scheme.
* 24 days’ holiday rising to 28 with length of service.
Interested candidates will need to be eligible to work in the UK and should send a copy of their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.