- Hampshire, United Kingdom
- £25,500 per annum
A client of mine who is a housing association and property maintenance care company are currently looking for an experienced Plasterer to join their Property Services Team in the Hampshire area.
You’ll complete Plastering repairs and maintenance packages to various homes and elsewhere as per requirements.
* Applying and finishing acoustic, insulating and fireproofing materials bonded with plaster, plastic cement and similar materials. Preparing corner beads, and securing them in position.
* Fixing pre-cast cornices, panel mouldings, coving, ceiling centres and other plaster fittings and determining plasterboard layout, and installing insulation and vapour barriers.
* Plumbing and straightening corners, angles, wall and ceiling surfaces as well as creating decorative textures in finishing coats.
* Measuring, marking and cutting plasterboard, lifting and positioning panels, and securing them to walls, ceilings and battens.
* Covering joins and nail holes with wet plaster and sealing compounds, smoothing them using wet brushes and sand paper.
* Mixing and applying coats of plaster, cement and render to structures using trowels, and levelling and smoothing coats to uniform thickness.
Essential Skills & Experience
You should have a minimum of NVQ level 2 or equivalent in Plastering and have demonstrable experience in all aspects of this core trade. You will have experience of working in occupied premises and be able to demonstrate good customer service skills. The ability to use mobile technology such as iPad or PDA is essential. A current CSCS card is desirable.
This is a full time role, working 40 Hours per week, with the opportunity to supplement your salary through call out and overtime when required. A van, tool allowance, iPad, uniform and PPE will also be provided along with great benefits including 25 days paid holiday and a £450 flexible benefit pot.
Due to a requirement to travel within this role, candidates must hold a full and current driving licence with a minimum of 2 years driving experience and have the ability to drive a company van.
This role is subject to a satisfactory licence check, essential qualifications check and a basic disclosure.
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 02392322318.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.