- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £18 per hour
A client of ours who is a large FM provider is looking for a fully qualified Plumber to work on an ongoing contract within an educational establishment in Tooting. The selected Plumber with follow standard policies, procedures and meet standards necessary to maintain integrity of ongoing operational activities and provide high quality service to customers in accordance with Integrated Management System, Employee Handbook, Business Plan, Client Business Plan, Client Company Safety Procedures / Instructions/ Client Contract.
- Carry out maintenance and installation activities through effective organisation, planning and communication, including but not limited to, heating, hot/cold water systems, testing, above ground drainage, sanitary ware and copper and steel pipe work.
- Monitor the progress of maintenance/installation tasks ensuring works are completed according to your agreed plan of work and to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
- Ensure that all Safe Systems of Work and Risk Assessments are appropriate for the tasks at hand.
- Provide regular updates to your Supervisor/Line Manager and maintain daily contact with the customer.
- Identify and implement operational improvements to ensure continued provision of high quality service.
- Assist in other ad hoc functions within skills level, training and experience on an as-instructed basis.
The candidate must have:
- The ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in areas of quality, safety and operational performance.
- Training in a relevant NVQ and/or C&G discipline related qualification.
- Knowledge of Permit to Work System.
- Undertaken relevant Health and Safety Training.
- A valid full driving licence.
- Working knowledge of an University site or similar working environment would be advantageous.
The candidate must possess the following:
- Good temperament, polite and courteous
- Smart, presentable appearance
- Highly motivated self starter, with an adaptable and flexible approach
- Willingness to train, update and improve themselves for the benefit of the contract
- High standards of personal integrity and professionalism with the adaptability to change
- Ability to think and react to immediate problems and issues without losing sight of or compromising long term goals
- The ability to gather information from all relevant sources
- The ability to organise, plan and prioritise work
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or call me on 02392322318.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.