Principal Bridge Engineer
- West Midlands, United Kingdom
- £50,000 to £65,000 per annum
I’m working with a well-established and leading global consultancy within Rail operating on high-profile infrastructure projects across the UK.
The business is growing and looking to strengthen the Bridges Team. They are looking for experienced Principal Bridge Engineers to help manage and deliver on challenging and high-profile projects including TransPennine Route Upgrade (TRU). This role comes with flexibility of agile working and ability to be based out of either their Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester, or York office. You will be providing a significant input on TRU as well as other bridge maintenance, repair, and renewal packages with Design and Build contractors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for established Principal Engineers or experienced Senior Engineers looking to progress to the next level.
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer
- Experienced in Bridge Design on Rail projects
- Experience working in CRE role within bridge design
- Experience developing and leading teams
- Experience of providing technical leadership to design teams
- Experience working on Network Rail Bridge Assessments is desirable
- Committed to continuous improvement and learning
- Proficient in use of spoken and written English language
- UK citizen or indefinite leave to remain
- Act in role of CRE for Bridge Design on Network Rail projects
- Prepare and check engineering designs and calculations
- Maintain relationships with all external parties to enhance the reputation of the company
- Liaise with CAD Technicians in production of drawings
- Responsible for the discipline strategy, recruitment, and development of staff
- Identification of the key resources and timescales required to deliver projects on time and to budget
- Lead the development for technical solutions to client remits
- Record and track documents electronically and monitor adherence to quality assurance
- Ensure compliance with Client, Company, National and International standards and policies
- Delivery of work to programme, budget, and specification
- Aid in development of junior staff through training and mentoring
- Contribute to development of the office by introducing improvements to procedures, and practices
- Implement effective, value for money, and innovative design solutions to meet technical project requirements
- Working on TransPennine Route Upgrade (TRU)!
- Flexible agile working
- Office locations in Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester, or York.
- Working with other like-minded engineers and technicians to complete challenging major projects throughout the UK.
- Open to incorporating other engineers and technicians known to yourself within the team.
If you think you could be interested or would like any further information, please apply. I’ll be in touch within 24 hours for a confidential chat.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.