Principal Electrical Building Services Engineer
- York, United Kingdom
- £47,500 to £55,000 per annum
I’m recruiting for a well-established and leading multi-disciplinary design consultancy dealing predominantly within Rail for major projects across the UK.
Due to the expansion of their E&P team, they are looking for Principal Electrical Building Services Engineer to act as Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) and/or Lead Engineer on E&P/MEP projects allocated to them by the team leader. Required to check and deliver high quality design solutions in line with necessary standards. The right candidate will have a hunger and dedication to build on their experience and further their professional development.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering subject.
- Experience in design of electrical systems on Railways Stations.
- Sound knowledge of Network Rail assurance processes, codes of practice, and standards.
- Proficient in use of packages including MicroStation, Amtech, and DIALux/Relux.
- Basic use AutoCAD/Revit/MicroStation is preferred.
- Qualified for BS7671.
- Experience working in role of CRE.
- Experience managing team of engineers.
- IEng/CEng accreditation with relevant Engineering Institution or working towards.
- Experience within a BIM environment.
- Knowledge of CDM/CSM regulations and requirements.
- Understanding on LUL standards is desirable.
- Develops networks inside and outside the business, works in partnership across departments and divisional boundaries.
- Committed to continuous improvement and learning.
- Good presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Computer literate, specifically Microsoft Office packages.
- Good commercial awareness including programming and delivery to budgets and timescales.
- Delivery of business results through effective planning and implementation.
- Passionate about results, holds self and others accountable for performance against targets.
- A self-motivated team player with the ability to motivate others, to support the business.
- Proficient in use of spoken and written English language.
- UK citizen or indefinite leave to remain.
- Interact and liaise with internal staff, sub-contractors, and clients where necessary.
- Lead delivery of electrical services across multiple projects.
- Produce designs from concept to completion as required by the project.
- Produce designs of general and emergency lighting systems, and cable management systems.
- Produce designs of low voltage reticulation and distribution systems (230/400 Volts).
- Ensure projects meet all client’s requirements, applicable standards and to agreed budget and programme.
- Identify changes to the projects client requirements and raise the changes with the Project Management Team.
- Provide monthly cost to complete forecasts to the Project Management Team.
- Accountable for the design delivery of allocated E&P/MEP Projects.
- Transform business performance by continuously seeking better ways of doing things.
- Maintaining good relationships with all external parties to enhance the reputation of the company.
- Act as design checker and CRE on specific projects as directed by the Discipline Lead.
- Achieve personal and project targets including utilisation, delivering projects to budget and programme.
- Apply procedures and systems to ensure the safety of staff and others affected by the operations of the company.
- Manage other members of the E&P/MEP Team, provide mentorship to assist their development, and to enhance the skills within the E&P Team to meet business objectives.
- Promote and maintain good relationships with all internal and external parties to enhance the reputation of the E&P Team and the company.
- Plan the project works and provide forward view resource forecasting to enable the team leader to allocate suitable resource to the projects.
- Working with other like-minded engineers and technicians to complete challenging major projects throughout the UK.
- Office located in York.
If you think you could be interested or would like any further information, please apply. I’ll be in touch within 24 hours for a confidential chat.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.