Principal Transport Planner
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £48,000 to £60,000 per annum
We have opportunities for experienced and ambitious senior / principal transport planners to join our collaborative and creative Transport Consulting team in London.
This position will support a wide range of Cities projects, including:
- High profile developments and regeneration schemes such as Brent Cross South, Canada Water, Broadgate, and Woodberry Down, as well as Euston Station redevelopment, Gatwick expansion and rail infrastructure projects such as HS2.
- Local Government and public sector projects such as town centres strategies, active travel strategies, policy development, public sector led housing development and public transport strategies
You will be responsible for the project management / technical delivery of transport and development planning projects, which will include the production of Transport Statements / Assessments and associated technical or policy documents. You will also advise clients on active travel and sustainable transport opportunities, the development of transport strategies, technical analysis and modelling as well as masterplan/street related design requirements for all street users. You will take responsibility for delivering technical excellence whilst addressing our client’s needs.
Is this role right for you?
We are seeking enthusiastic candidates who are interested in creating excellent places and spaces for buildings, masterplans and cities for private and public sector clients. You should enjoy taking responsibility, being proactive and taking initiative within a supportive and encouraging team. You should be keen to broaden your technical skills to support innovation, knowledge development and the growth of peers / junior colleagues. This role will also support the team in business development and work-winning and the promotion of Arup in external markets. You may also have the following skills:
- You have degree / HNC or equivalent in a relevant discipline and ideally hold a Membership of a relevant industry accredited professional institution
- You have experience in transport planning and design development for development sites, urban areas, potentially including public realm, major destinations and interchanges
- Previous experience in the delivery of transport strategies that encompass the needs of all relevant transport users
- You have Experience in developing effective working relationships with project teams and / or clients or potential clientsand able apply transport design guidance in a cities context
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.