Principal Valuation and Housing Surveyor
- East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- £28 to £30 per hour
A client of mine in East Riding is looking to recruit a Principal Valuation and Housing Surveyor on an initial 2 Month contract. The position as a Principal Valuation and Housing Surveyor will assist in the delivery of the Valuation & Estates Management Service with specific responsibility for the delivery of valuation and estates services for the Housing Revenue Account (HRA) and delivering new initiatives and opportunities for increasing the supply of affordable housing in the East Riding, including supported housing and intermediate affordable housing products.
- To direct and manage staff within the valuation and estates service dealing with projects and work programmes associated with the HRA including Right to Buy, Affordable Rents, Purchase and Repair and empty homes acquisitions and the valuation of HRA property for Resource Accounting purposes.
- To lead on identifying and bringing forward suitable sites for the development of new affordable housing and other supported housing to meet identified local needs, including playing an active role in delivering the client’s own house building programme.
- To lead and play an active role in the acquisition of land and property for the HRA including Section 106 properties, long term empties and development agreements with landowners and developers.
- To provide advice to the Client, its committees and officers on all HRA related aspects of valuation, estates management, disposal, acquisition and contribute directly to the submission of funding bids to the Homes & Communities Agency and others.
- To assist the Valuation and Estates Manager to plan, develop, direct and implement policies, practices and strategies to optimise the delivery of new affordable housing provision including the development and exploration of new and innovative delivery models and mechanisms.
- To work closely with colleagues in other parts of the company and external developers, landowners and agents to test the viability of planning proposals through the assessment of financial viability appraisals with a view to making recommendations to the planning service as to the level of affordable housing that can be provided on individual development sites.
- To handle personally HRA property projects and issues of a particularly complex or sensitive nature, including the sale of assets; acquisitions; compulsory purchase; compensation; valuation and provide strategic and technical estates management and valuation support to assist in the delivery of HRA business plan.
- To procure and manage external consultants and contractors dealing with HRA related valuation and estates work to ensure that the best possible value is achieved for the Client.
- To be responsive to the public and deal with enquiries on all valuation & estates matters relating to the HRA.
- To certify valuations for statutory and other purposes.
- To play an active role in the management of the service as a whole and deputise for the Valuation and Estates Manager on HRA related property matters as required.
- Any duties and responsibilities appropriate to the grade and level of responsibility of the post.
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- Chartered Surveyor with a track record of valuation and estates management experience (R