Principle Transport Planner
- Dorset, United Kingdom
- £28 per hour
Principle Transport Planner
A client of mine in Bournemouth is looking for a Principle Transport Planner to join their team for a period of 6 months to contribute to the leadership and development of the Transport Development team, and ensure all transport related impacts are mitigated sufficiently, and that works are carried out in accordance with policy, planning and highway law.
Lead, plan and organise the activities of the team, considering both short and long-term implications to ensure strategic direction is supported. Set clear and realistic objectives ensuring they fit with the corporate purpose; monitor progress against objectives and provide feedback.
· To efficiently manage and develop the service provision of Transport Development for BCP to ensure advice is provided in accordance with statutory, national and local requirements.
· Manage and review allocated budget within delegated authority and the financial regulations
· Be responsible for the recruitment, management, development, wellbeing, of staff in the service to enable high standards of performance and customer service and ensure that appropriate workforce planning and performance management is in place to enable effective service delivery.
· To set the culture within the service area and ensure that the organisations vision, values and behaviours are embedded.
· Manage the development, alignment and execution of high profile, large and complex projects
· To develop and implement external development-based funding/ bidding arrangements and commercial opportunities to help deliver BCP priorities.
· To make decisions, manage risk and contracts as necessary to deliver quality and value for money for the service.
Experience of management of high-profile innovative projects or policy development which have a wide-ranging impact and reputational risk
Experience of operational management of transport planning services and functions
Management qualification or equivalent relevant experience
Member of a professional body, e.g. CILT or ICE
Professional competence in relation to transport planning
Proven ability in communicating complex transportation subject matter to a variety of audiences and using appropriate channels and methods
Transport related degree and further professional qualification in a relevant subject or be able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge, skills and experience
Must be able to travel, using public or other forms of transport where they are viable, or by holding a valid UK driving licence with access to own or pool car.
Please note this role falls inside IR35
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or call me on 02392314795.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.