- Hampshire, United Kingdom
- £60,000 per annum
Highways Project Manager primarily located in the Dorset, Hampshire, Wiltshire areas with values up to £15m.
PROJECT MANAGER – Hampshire
Stride have been approached by a Regional Main Contractor who are look for an experienced project manager to join there busy Southern Division.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong background in civil engineering with a proven track record of successfully delivering schemes (highways, structures, coastal or infrastructure) with directly employed resources as well as subcontractors. Our projects are primarily located in the Dorset, Hampshire, Wiltshire areas with values up to £15m.
The candidate must have strong management skills and be able to build client relationships that encourage project growth and repeat business.
You will report to the divisional operations manager.
- Proactively manage all aspects of the project during the construction phase.
- Ensure adherence with relevant company procedures.
- Ensure that the project is properly planned, programmed and resourced to guarantee safe, profitable and timely delivery.
- Represent and promote the company in a professional manner.
- Monitor and manage all foreseeable risks and opportunities associated with the project.
- Contact and involve senior members of Knights Brown management (directors/contracts managers/commercial managers, etc) where appropriate.
- Maintain suitable and sufficient records of all activities relating to the scheme.
Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental
- Ensure adherence with all legal requirements and company procedures.
- Proactively seek to improve safety standards and promote a positive safety culture.
- Seek to minimise waste and energy consumption.
- Understand the tender properly.
- Ensure that all costs are properly managed and that all resources are effectively and efficiently controlled.
- Prepare, in partnership with others, commercial reports and forecasts.
- Ensure thorough understanding and adherence to all the contractual requirements.
- Take overall responsibility for the commercial performance of the project.
- Proactively lead the site team, providing motivation and support.
- Treat all employees fairly, ensuring each individual has an equal opportunity to learning and development.
- Ensure that all members of the team are aware of the project objectives and their own responsibilities.
- Promote staff development.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.