Project Manager (Civil Engineering)
- Merseyside, United Kingdom
- Undisclosed per annum
Marine Civils – Liverpool
Salary / Package – Negotiable
We are pleased to offer an exciting opportunity for an experienced Civils Project Manager working for a large blue-chip company in the construction industry who for over 160 years have combined traditional values and experience, with an advanced innovative approach. The company operates throughout the United Kingdom and Ireland, delivering quality construction projects and achieving excellence. The company’s reputation is a product of this success.
One of the leading Building & Civil Engineering Contractors in the UK they are seeking to appoint a Project Manager for an exciting £50m project at the Princes Dock in Liverpool. You will likely have experience of heavy civils projects, ideally within marine environments.
This is the first stage of what could be a much larger redevelopment of this area, with future schemes potentially including a 200-room hotel and 1700+ space multi-storey car park.
Duties will include: –
- Take overall responsibility for all aspects of the project, including all internal communications as well as liaising directly with the client team at all levels.
- Leads delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards.
- Minimise the company’s exposure and risk.
- Participant in team and client meetings.
- Planning and managing the programme.
- Managing a multi-disciplinary team.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to all stakeholders.
- Possess the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change.
- Recognise areas for internal improvement and develop plans for implementation.
- Support the Project Lead in the management of the tender process.
- Ensure the effective performance management and development of direct reports, and the effective organisation of everyone within the project team.
The successful candidate will possess the following essential qualities: –
- Professionally qualified field (Degree in Civil Engineering / Construction Management).
- Ideally MCIOB (NVQ 6 / 7).
- Proven track record of Project Management gained on large civils / marine schemes.
- Thorough knowledge of current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to positively influence others.
Benefits include 3% employee contribution, 6% employer pension contribution, 33 days holiday and life assurance. Salary is DOE, please submit CV’s with salary expectations attached.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.