Project Manager – Interior Design
- New York County, United States
- $95,000 to $125,000 per annum
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, interpreting, organizing, and managing projects through all phases of development. Establishes and monitors budgets, manages project team and prepares schedules to ensure efficient utilization of resources. It is essential that the Project Manager work effectively with other service lines to provide seamless, coordinated and integrated delivery of multiple services. Oversees the project process from proposal through construction administration on a project. This position is responsible for establishing client relationship, directing and monitoring all project activities. The ability to develop and understand contractual liabilities as they relate to architect/owner projects including fee calculations is crucial.
The Project Manager is expected to demonstrate professional skill, high standards, sound judgment and professionalism. It is important for this position to promote communication to improve working relationships by fostering collaboration with multiple services. It is essential to pass your knowledge to others and support a continuous learning environment. Team building and motivation are also key responsibilities.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Prepares draft of proposal/contract inclusive of budget, fees, and staffing resources for Project Leader review
- Effectively manages consultants and other construction trades as well as governmental agencies
- Assures project conforms to contractual agreement with client
- Effectively manage project budget to ensure profitability
- Effectively manage project to ensure completion within allocated period of time
- Maintains ongoing, positive and productive client relationships
- Assures that project needs are satisfied by effectively managing project staff to ensure efficient utilization of resources
- Effectively and proactively coaches, mentors and provides performance enhancing feedback to team members
- Implements processes to reduce risks and exposure in all areas of the project
- Directs all activities related to construction administration including scheduling, shop drawings process, field observations, reports, change orders and pay requests
- Assures construction administration activities emphasize on efficiency, quality assurance and code compliance
- Will perform other project and duties as assigned by the Senior Manager.
This position requires a B.S. or B.A. in Architecture or Interior Design and extensive experience in designing mid to large scale projects including urban and resort hotels and restaurants. It is essential for the Project Manager to have client management skills, proposal creation, project management and negotiation experience. This position must have leadership experience and the ability to manage multiple priorities while consistently achieving high standards and goals. Proven experience in motivating and inspiring others is essential. Presentation skills are required. Travel is required.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.