Project Manager – Legacy Team
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £30 per hour
A local authority in Central London and looking for a well experienced Project Manager to join their team. As a Project Manager you will lead and manage a team of project management staff and professional services consultants in the delivery of a wide range of capital and asset projects. This is a “hands-on” delivery role will be required to deal at a senior level with stakeholders, consultancy organisations, major construction/development companies and the Community (residents – leaseholders and tenants).
Essential: Construction related degree and RICS or CIOB qualification or equivalent
Desirable: Recognised formal project management qualification (PMP/APMP/Prince2/P30 or equivalent) is desirable
Knowledge & Experience:
- A highly qualified professional with extensive construction project management experience from inception to completion
- In depth understanding of the issues and approaches involved in managing large and complex construction projects
- Thorough knowledge of the external market and the processes to co-ordinate resources and deliver completed developments
- Strong knowledge of construction project and programme management methodologies such as PRINCE2 and Managing Successful Programmes (MSP)
- A sound knowledge of town planning practice, procurement or property development. K7 Knowledge of the application and management of IT and administrative information systems
- A minimum of five years experience in the public or private sector
- Direct management of staff and clienting of project consultants in the delivery of projects
- Financial management including budget preparation, resource planning and monitoring
- Provide clear and equitable leadership, helping others to maximise their performance.
- Be able to develop productive working relationships with staff group, colleagues and all potential partners in service delivery.
- Able to applies available resources in an organised manner, translating plans into action and objectives into realities.
- Recognises the importance of politics and politicians and works accordingly
- Be able to assimilates large volumes of information, identifies the key issues, spots patterns and trends and makes balanced judgements.
- To be accountable, whilst demonstrating ongoing resilience and the highest levels of integrity and professionalism
- Have a wide understanding of the building industry, including knowledge of materials, trades, methods, and legal requirements
- Have good judgement, because they must decide when to insist on corrections, when to persuade or negotiate, and when to compromise.
- Clear knowledge of Health and Safety legislation pertaining to the construction industry including CDM and HHSRS.
- Construction project management knowledge and application
- Dealing with customers in a social housing environment
- Enhanced DBS check
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or call me on 02392322318
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.