Project Manager – Rotherham
- South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- £55,000 to £65,000 per annum
PM – Highways Major Projects
£55,000 – £65,000 + Car or Car Allowance, 8% Pension
26 Days Holiday + 8 BH
My client is rapidly growing their already established Highways Major Projects Team, due to a dramatically increased pipeline and additional Tenders in final stages. As a result of this, they are recruiting a Project Manager to work within their Infrastructure team on Highways and Transportation project’s.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining effective and long term relationships with the customer and their representatives/advisors.
- Implementing and maintaining Company Strategy and Policies for Sustainability, Health and Safety, Quality, Environmental, Training and Development etc. and acting as an exemplar of the Company culture and values.
- Ensuring the project team comply with the companies Business Management System.
- Being proactive in the identification and resolution of problems.
- Reviewing methods of working, alternative materials etc in order to maximise commercial profitability.
- Managing, supporting, mentoring and counselling members of the project team in their personal development.
- Undertaking annual assessments for staff directly reporting to the role.
- Seeking and developing on-going continuous improvement.
- Providing aftercare services to the customer.
- To support and be familiar with own role and responsibility in respect of Business Continuity Planning. Ensuring that team members are also aware of the plans and communicates same.
What they’ll need from you:
- Experience as a Project Manager or similar.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Experience running projects as a “number 1” over £15m in value (desirable).
- Degree (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or related subject (desirable).
- Professional Qualification (desirable).
- High level of leadership and management skills.
- Commercial and financial ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Technical experience and knowledge.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Ability to plan and organise resources in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Customer/Client focus.
- Range of contract experience (desirable).
- Experienced in Civils and Infrastructure works.
- Experience in major highways/water treatment and/or airport works.
What you can expect in return:
- Competitive salary & Car allowance.
- 26 days annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell up to 3 days holiday).
- Private medical insurance for yourself (with the option to buy family cover).
- Life Assurance.
- Defined contribution pension scheme matched up to 8%.
- 2 days volunteering opportunities.
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role).
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Professional membership fees.
- Flexible Benefits scheme which includes the opportunity to purchase benefits such as:
- Critical illness insurance (with option to purchase for your partner).
- Dental Insurance.
- Travel insurance.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Retail vouchers/payroll giving/activity pass for top leisure attractions.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, please call Josh Moss on 02392 322389, or email your CV to email@example.com
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.