- Derby, United Kingdom
- £19 to £20 per hour
A client of mine in Derby is looking to recruit a Project Supervisor on an initial 3-month contract. The position as a Project Supervisor will oversee the programme of Condition Surveys for both Schools and Corporate properties and be responsible for developing programmes of revenue and capital funded projects based on the outcome of these surveys. Services include but are not limited to new build, adaptation, refurbishment, conversion, alteration and demolition work.
- Responsible for procuring and commissioning building maintenance and project delivery. Manage building projects ensuring that all works are carried out in an efficient manner, setting performance specifications and standards and ensuring works meet the required quality standards and is delivered within budget.
- Brief, appoint and manage consultants for project work as necessary
- Responsible for developing and overseeing delivery of a programme of Condition Surveys, boundary surveys and building at risk inspections for both Schools and Corporate Properties.
- Oversee construction and maintenance project delivery and prepare reports, estimates, specifications, drawings and works schedules for quotations or tendering.
- Provide a focal point for design, maintenance and compliance consultations and advice, providing a high degree of independent decision making and professionalism, being accountable for advice provided within the specific specialist area.
- Monitor performance of building surveying design services, responsible for addressing contractor or consultant under performance and resolving issues. Checking work on site and signing off following defect inspections.
- Provide a lead role in the programme planning, resource planning, budget planning, quality of service and value for money of the sections projects. Take a lead role in budget forecasting and monitoring.
- Specify and oversee the design and implementation of both minor and major works including new build, routine repairs, conversions, preventative maintenance, adaptations, refurbishment, improvements, alterations, demolition and redecoration.
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- A minimum of a University degree relevant to Building Surveying
- Extensive experience of construction and maintenance
- Knowledge and experience of applying ISO 55000 International Standards for Asset Management and BS 8544 and required to have knowledge and application of British Standards, regulations and recommendations to use on daily basis
- Experience of managing and ensuring building compliance according to regulations, professional guidance and good practice Proven leadership of minor and major building works
- Proven application of effective project and programme management (Prince2 or similar)
- Ability to monitor progress and to meet performance targets, escalating issues or concern in sufficient time before deadlines are missed
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and prioritise with confidence under stressful situations
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or press apply.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.