- Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
- £19 to £20 per hour
A client of mine in Stoke is looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor on an initial 3-Month contract. The position as a Quantity Surveyor will assist the Programme and Procurement Manager in ensuring financial probity of the Housing Revenue Account and in developing appropriate maintenance and investment forecast budgets. You will assist with the delivery of value for money in the maintenance and investments programmes.
- To ensure the maintenance, improvement and investment in the housing stock is completed within the most cost effective and efficient manner, through current delivery principles and to identify areas where further efficiency may be made, reporting findings to the Programme and Procurement Manager
- To monitor, challenge and correct any deviancies where there are concerns regarding value for money, quality of material, conformity to specifications report to Programme and Procurement Manager.
- To successful negotiate, persuade and problem solve where appropriate.
- To assist the Programme and Procurement Manager with the financial monitoring of programmes of work and report on individual and overall project programming.
- To evaluate and monitor the effective use of materials ensuring that value for money is achieved at all times.
- To ensure the maintenance contractor maintains a suitable list of sub-contractors capable of delivering high levels of service at competitive rates and to ensure the maintenance contractor follows procurement rules when tendering services.
- To liaise with Management and staff, ensuring a joined up and customer focused approach is delivered for material specification and in the development of project specifications.
- To assist in the monitoring of the appropriate maintenance, improvement and investment in the housing stock is completed within the predetermined timescales to the prescribed specification, ensuring value for money, is attained in every case.
- To analyse material life cycle costs, quality of material, tenant satisfaction with materials and liaise with tenants’ groups to agree the most appropriate alternative material at best cost and quality to satisfy all parties needs.
- To provide advice on project budgets, contractual procedures and procurement and to provide, check and monitor estimates and cost plans for projects. To provide evaluations of the cost element of submitted tenders and negotiate any variations to submitted tenders.
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- Full membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or a relevant degree or qualification
- Thorough knowledge of building maintenance and refurbishment
- Thorough knowledge of quantity surveying practices
- Knowledge of building material procurement and logistics
- Experience of quantity surveying and of delivering agreed outcomes
- Experience of management of budgets, including procurement and monitoring
- Proven experience of applying novel solutions in order to resolve complex problems
- Ability to organise workload to meet demanding targets
- A proven track record demonstrating successful negotiation; persuasion and problem solving skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or press apply.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.