- Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
- £50,000 to £65,000 per annum
Main Contracting (Build)
This is a great upcoming opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a regional sized main contractor with a strong order book. This is a business who operate out of six offices across three regions. Based in the Oxfordshire area, the Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the commercial delivery of Educational, Health and Public Sector Schemes up to around £35m in overall value.
- Ensure that all contract documentation and sub-contract documentation is completed and forwarded to the Commercial Manager
- Preparing monthly CVR/CVC reports
- Monitor risk and opportunity schedules and manage risk from Commencement to Completion
- Provide input and cost and value engineering advice throughout the design life of the scheme and attend design team meetings
- Check and ensure compliance and issuing of timely payment notices to Subcontractors
- Control, monitor and improve commercial processes and deliver the objectives and targets for the Contract teams
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of different forms of contracts
- Experience of successfully delivering major projects up to £30m in value
- Successful applicants will ideally possess a BSc in Surveying and along with membership of a recognised construction body (CIOB, RICS)
- Experience in negotiating and agreeing both contract sums and conditions with stakeholders is also required
Please contact James to discuss and register your interest.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.