- Cardiff, United Kingdom
- £40,000 to £50,000 per annum
Quantity Surveyor – Tarmac / Surfacing
£40,000 – £50,000, Car or Car Allowance (£5,800)
(Highways National Contractor)
Candidate Must Have:
- Surfacing, Local Authority works, s278, New Housing Development Infrastructure, Car Parks, Highways and Commercial / Industrial surfacing schemes.
- Please do not apply unless you have vast surfacing knowledge
- Cost planning and commercial management throughout the entire life cycle of the project from inception to post-completion.
- Value determination.
- Risk management and calculation.
- Procurement advice and assistance during the tendering procedures.
- Tender analysis and agreement of the contract sum.
- Commercial management and contract administration.
- Assistance in dispute resolution.
- Asset Capitalization.
- Interim valuations and payment assessment.
- Cost management process.
- Assessing the additional cost of design variations and providing substantiation.
- Production of company pre-qualifications questionnaire (PQQ) documentation in line with company policies.
- Provide assistance support and guidance on commercial issues.
- This role will require site visitation in addition to the normal office-based work.
- Manage multiple clients and contracts.
- Good organisational skills will be required with the ability to complete tasks and meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Qualified Quantity Surveying.
- Experience within a similar role. Ideally someone that has experience working within a sub-contractor environment rather than Contractor.
- Commercially astute – working knowledge of standard forms of contract and standard methods of measurement.
- NEC3 experience.
- Good knowledge of early warnings and CE procedures within NEC3.
- Must be flexible and able to work as part of a team and using own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office and bespoke packages.
- Literate and Numerate.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to priorities.
- Ability to work to deadlines and with minimum supervision.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, please call Josh Moss on 02392 322389, or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.