Rail Project Manager/Lead Technical Adviser
- Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
- £80,000 to £81,000 per annum
About the Client
Our client is an independent consultancy offering a broad range of professional services worldwide, who due to growth are looking to continue to build out their rail division of the business.
The market focus for Railway Planning is in the following core areas:-
- Railway operational planning and modelling
- Railway business planning and strategy (including rail franchise bid support)
- Rail business case and feasibility studies
- Rail regulatory and policy advice
- Rail asset management
The work of the Rail planning team is becoming more diverse and our client have ambitious plans to grow this team as part of their broader Rail business. We are looking for an experienced Project Manager / Lead Technical Advisor with a strong track record in the Rail industry to lead projects and support the development of the business. Key responsibilities include:
- Project Manager/Lead Technical Advisor for large Rail Planning projects. Focusing on problem solving, technical project delivery and commercial success of projects.
- Presenting at client meetings, winning new work, reviewing the work and guiding the delivery of that work undertaken by analysts.
- Bid Manager for large Rail Planning project opportunities. Focusing on problem solving, developing bid winning themes and delivering bids on time to an agreed budget.
- Keeping up-to-date with market developments, anticipating market changes, and assessing opportunities for the expansion of services.
- Maintaining close relationships with key stakeholders on major projects. Identify their strategic project priorities in order to position the company for future work.
- Developing, mentoring and coaching staff, ensuring that new team skills are developed in relation to new market opportunities.
- Line management of junior staff with Rail Planning skills.
- Working as part of the UK-MEA Transport Consulting team, supporting the development and implementation of the strategy and vision for Transport Consulting and Rail Planning across the region. Supporting greater integration of work across the UK and beyond.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Recognised relevant tertiary qualifications in an appropriate area.
- Relevant industry experience within a consulting business environment.
- Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies.
- Comfortable developing, winning and managing the delivery of new Rail Planning work and overseeing diverse teams for transport/rail planning projects.
- Proven successful commercial, operational and business capability.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in Railway Planning and wider Rail industry
- A strong professional profile, reputation and active client network in the Rail Industry.
- An awareness and interest in major transport issues, emerging priorities and critical issues, as part of a wider transport planning agenda.
- Track record of looking forward and anticipating future issues which will affect clients, combined with the ability to translate this information into consultancy projects.
- Proven experience managing and developing the skills, capabilities and diversity of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Understanding of the economic aspects, funding aspects, planning issues and business benefits of transport and rail planning.
- Comfortable working in a matrix management organisation.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.