Rail Senior Specification Manager/Specification Lead
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £670 to £678 per day
The post holder will sit within the Rail Franchising and support the Lead Specification Manager, identifying what the government wishes the franchise to deliver which is affordable, within government policy, takes account of stakeholder aspirations and is possible to take to market. They will help to ensure that these requirements are clearly stated, and are fully incorporated into the ultimate contract.
The franchise team is led by a Project Director and comprises of 8 team members including commercial and project managers.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Understanding the franchise itself including;
o Key operational and financial characteristics of the franchise business
o Drivers of demand or growth
o The links between specification and subsidy/premium
o Key stakeholder requirements for the franchise;
* Proactively managing external technical advisers who are engaged to provide operational, commercial and economic advice;
* Developing and maintaining the business case for the franchise;
* Deriving the overall delivery proposition for the franchise, based on evidence and within existing government policy;
* Clearly articulating, internally and externally, what it is that government wants the franchise to deliver;
* Producing the specification and priced options sections of the ITT;
* Working with the franchising team to maintain relationships with bidders to ensure that all bids received have the best chance to meet the defined requirements including delivering excellent value form money.
* Financial, commercial and operational characteristics of the UK rail industry;
* Procurement of complex service delivery through contractual relationships in an environment with strong customer focus;
* Economic and financial appraisal;
* Engaging and working constructively with a range of external stakeholders.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.