Senior Building Surveyor
- Hampshire, United Kingdom
- £45,000 to £60,000 per annum
SENIOR BUILDING SURVEYOR
Are you seeking a role that offers more variety, working within a friendly, professional team? Are you a Chartered Building Surveyor, looking for a step up in career?
My client, one of Hampshires leading Chartered Surveyors, are looking for a Residential Surveyor, to join their vibrant team in Hampshire.
Responsibilities will include:
- As a building surveyor you’ll provide professional advice on property and construction, ranging from multi-million-pound structures to modest adaptations and repairs.
- Projects include existing buildings, buildings of architectural or historic importance and the development of new ones.
- You may implement preventative measures to keep buildings in good condition and look for ways to make buildings sustainable.
- Ensure projects are completed on budget and to schedule
- You will complete detailed reports, you will identify defects and advise on repair, maintenance and restoration options.
- Advise clients on schemes and projects and determine requirements
- Prepare scheme designs with costings, programmes for completion of projects and specification of works
- Organise documents for tender and advise on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes
- Determine the condition of existing buildings, identify and analyse defects, including proposals for repair
- Advise on energy efficiency, environmental impact and sustainable construction
- instruct on the preservation/conservation of historic buildings
- Advise on the management and supervision of maintenance of buildings
- Deal with planning applications and advise on property legislation and building regulations
- Instruct on construction design and management regulations
- Advise on the health and safety aspects of buildings
- Advise on boundary and ‘right to light’ disputes and party wall procedures
- Prepare insurance assessments and claims
- Confident client liaison
- Promotion of the business through networking
- Managing client expectations and keeping them informed of progress
- Following up on aged debtors and fee arrangements
- Confident client liaison
The successful candidate must:
- Must be a fully qualified MRICS/FRICS surveyor
- Have significant demonstrable PQ experience
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of property and construction
- Confident and driven
- Passionate about driving the department and business forward
- Be an independent worker, capable of prioritising their own workload and meeting deadlines
- Be a team player, able to demonstrate a flexible attitude, good communication skills and a sense of humour
- Possess a full clean UK driving license
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + birthday off
- Company car / car allowance
- Free office parking
To apply, click the apply now button. For more information please contact James West on 02392