Senior Building Surveyor
- Bedford, United Kingdom
- £280 to £300 per day
A client of mine in Bedford is looking to recruit a Senior Building Surveyor on an initial 3-Month contract. The position as a Senior Building Surveyor will provide a comprehensive professional Building Surveying design and contract management service to internal and external clients, by delivering, controlling and managing construction related projects in a commercial and customer focused way, which achieves programs, meets performance targets, and the Client’s Corporate Objectives. You will ensure projects achieve BIM compliance according to government standards and to support the Team Leader in achieving the objectives of the Project Delivery (Buildings)Team.
- Professional advice on all aspects of property and construction management including but not limited to: repair, maintenance, refurbishment, alteration and extensions of residential, commercial and industrial properties, as well as, assess and report on defects and offer professional advice in the running of building projects and act as Project Lead.
- Prepare design solutions that utilise the best practice and most suitable equipment, materials and concepts that achieve efficient, sustainable and cost value for money solutions within set timescales.
- Ensure the Team Leader is fully briefed on appropriate matters and advise when action is required.
- Development of detailed working drawings on CAD and preparation of specifications to achieve value for money solutions to comply with all technical and construction standards and best practice
- Undertake Project Monitoring & Project Management using Concerto Project Management Software
- Tendering of projects using the electronic tendering portal (Intend), undertake the evaluation of tenders (financial and qualitative) and produce recommendations in report format.
- Produce cost estimates, evaluate tenders and monitor spend against budget with agreement and negotiation of final accounts on completion and keeping spend within Budget
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- Must possess a construction related degree and have post qualification experience in a similar role. Member RICS, RIBA, CIOB or equivalent or working toward the status
- Must have strong planning, contract and project management skills with the ability to plan develop and progress projects to meet strategic targets and a good working knowledge/experience of JCT & NEC forms of contract
- Demonstrable working knowledge of the CDM Regulations, Health and Safety at Work Act, Control of Asbestos at Work Act, Building Regulations, Planning and all other relevant statute
- Ability to demonstrate close budgetary control through the productions of budget estimates, financial monitoring and management of risk with ability to negotiate and secure value engineering solutions to maximise value for money and to negotiate final accounts
- Must have extensive experience in the full-varied range of professional Building Surveyor duties including the preparation of specifications; CAD drawings, specifications and the administration of contract documents and provision of building /maintenance cost estimates
- Must have experience of carrying out feasibility studies, condition and measured surveys, condition reports, dilapidation surveys and experience in the application of asbestos legislation and related matters
- Be computer literate with a working knowledge of CAD, Microsoft office, Microsoft project and be able to grasp and solve technical/complex issues
- Must hold a full and valid driving licence and provide a vehicle insured for business use in relation to the role
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or press apply.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.