Senior CAD Technician – MEP
- York, United Kingdom
- £30,000 to £40,000 per annum
I’m recruiting for a well-established and leading multi-disciplinary design consultancy dealing predominantly within Rail for major projects across the UK.
They are looking for experienced MicroStation CAD Technicians to deliver high quality drawings in line with relevant Network Rail CAD standards. You will be required to assist with the development of other and more junior MicroStation CAD Technicians which will further aid in the growth of the business.
This role could be suited to an experienced CAD Technician / CAD Engineer already taking on some roles at a senior level, Design Engineer, Draughtsman/Draughtswoman.
- 5+ years’ experience with MicroStation 2D/3D & BIM procedures preferably within a Rail environment.
- Experience of Signalling Power, Points Hearing, and Junction Lighting is desirable.
- Experience mentoring other CAD Technicians and other junior members of the team is favourable.
- Knowledge of Network Rail CAD standards and procedures.
- Experience within a BIM environment.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team.
- Experience of both AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Significant experience working on E&P projects.
- Committed to continuous improvement and learning.
- Good presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Computer literate, specifically Microsoft Office packages.
- Delivery of business results through effective planning and implementation.
- Passionate about results, holds self and others accountable for performance against targets.
- A self-motivated team player with the ability to motivate others, to support the business.
- Proficient in use of spoken and written English language.
- UK citizen or indefinite leave to remain.
- Reporting into the CAD manager.
- Work closely with mechanical and electrical engineers to develop BIM and CAD solutions for M&E elements of projects.
- Develop designs using required CAD systems into quality technical drawings.
- Achieve targets agreed with the Principal Engineer/Project Co-ordinator.
- Assist in development of other technicians within the team.
- Maintain drawing records and ensure accurate document control.
- Ensuring designs meet client specification and expectation.
- Take role of AutoCAD/MicroStation subject matter expert for the Plant & Distribution team.
- Be innovative and introduce improvements where appropriate to areas of responsibility.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
- Working with other like-minded engineers and technicians to complete challenging major projects throughout the UK.
- Office located in York.
- Flexible hybrid working.
If you think you could be interested or would like any further information, please apply. I’ll be in touch within 24 hours for a confidential chat.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.