Senior Civil Engineer
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £45,000 to £55,000 per annum
Senior Civil Engineer – London
Permanent and Contract (Outside IR35)Opportunities available
We at Stride are working alongside one of the leading engineering design consultancies in the country with an enviable reputation, to help support their mass growth plans across their highways design team. This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career whilst working for a leading company at the top of their field.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Provide engineering services design and consultancy work on behalf of BakerHicks under the direction of the line manager or project lead.
- Produce design deliverables (including drawings, specifications and reports), site surveys, construction stage duties, client liaison with members of design/construction teams, project management, costing and ensure progress against the project brief.
- Check calculations and detailed drawings to ensure engineering designs meet appropriate quality and compliance controls, project brief and customer requirements.
- Collaborate closely with multi-disciplinary members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
- Contribute to the preparation of enquiry plans, tender reviews, fee estimate sheets, scopes of work and change controls as required.
- Review specialist subcontractors/suppliers calculations and drawings for technical compliance with design intent.
Skills & Experience
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering (or equivalent).
- Demonstrable experience of delivering projects in at least one sector that BakerHicks operates in.
- Confident communication and presentation skills with the ability to explain complex ideas simply.
- Considerable civil engineering design, technical detailing and specification writing experience.
- Proficient in the design of below ground foul and surface water drainage using Microdrainage software.
- Be fully conversant with the basics of CIRIA 753 (The SUDS Manual), Sewers for Adoption and other relevant British Standards and Eurocodes with respect to civils design and specification.
- Company car or cash allowance
- Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan
- Life assurance scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus ability to buy additional leave
- Discount scheme (including gym membership, mobile phones etc)
- Family friendly policies
- Employee assistance
- Professional development
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.