Senior Civil Engineer
- Kent, United Kingdom
- £42,250 to £47,250 per annum
Senior Civil Engineer – Perm – £42,250 – £47,250 – Kent
Good people management skills with experience of leading teams, the ability to work closely with peers, good technical report writing and editorial skills, the ability to work with minimal technical supervision and good oral communication are the essential characteristics and attributes for this role whilst also having technical competence with the ability to exercise sound engineering judgement and decision making where appropriate.
Responsibilities & Duties include:
- Undertaking detailed line by line calculations and checks of calculations
- Carrying out feasibility studies with option appraisals for optimal and buildable solutions and then proceed to detailed design
- Finding innovative ways of delivering more output for less design cost
- Ensuring technical delivery meets project objectives in terms of health & safety, quality and efficiency targets
- Management of junior engineers providing mentoring as required
- Advising on appropriate inputs for programmes, estimates and contract preparation
- Managing and liaising with contractors and sub-contractors working in an integrated design team
- Liaison with customers, internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery and to maintain and enhance the reputation.
- Liaison internally at all levels with the Department
In return, we offer a competitive salary, a minimum of 25 days annual leave pro rata, a stakeholder pension scheme in which the maximum Company contribution is 10% and a life assurance scheme.
Candidates who want to return to engineering after a career break, would be welcomed.
If you’re interested in this role, please send your CV to email@example.com or call Aaron on 02392 314675.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.