Senior Civil Engineer – Basingstoke – £44k+
- Hampshire, United Kingdom
- £38,000 to £44,000 per annum
Senior Engineer – Highways and Infrastructure Engineer – Basingstoke – Up to £44k+
This leading Multi-Disciplinary Engineering Consultancy has experienced continued growth over the past six months and as such they are looking to expand their Development Infrastructure Team. The team provide specialist engineering solutions across the Infrastructure Development sector, taking projects from front end planning, through to full implementation.
As part of the Infrastructure Development team you will help provide specialise advise and design expertise across both the private and public sector on issues relation to Highways, Public Realm, Signal Design, Sewerage, SUDS, Building Drainage, Earthworks, Flood Protection and Utilities Coordination/Diversion on Residential, Retail, Industrial and Commercial Developments.
Working as a Senior Infrastructure Engineer you will
- Working within small teams produce designs and drawings to support planning applications and construction
- Liaising with clients at a local and national level
- Offer day to day project management support in the delivery of concept studies and strategies with hands on design, leading to planning applications or construction drawing issue.
- Be responsible for the design and management of site development schemes
- Have regular contact with clients and attend meetings
- Management of each project from pre-planning to detailed design stage
- Working closely with the Management team you will offer support and guidance to younger Engineers as they progress within the business
- Help produce drainage strategies and site appraisals design capability
- Drainage and external levels design capability
- Demonstrate design experience in Section 38, 278 and 104, Cut and Fill ground modelling and Flood Risk Assessment Reports and SuDs
To be considered for this Senior Infrastructure Engineer post you will need to display
- A degree in Civil Engineering, ideally working towards chartered status
- A minimum of 5 years (or more) experience gained from within a design consultancy
- Sound knowledge of the relevant design codes such as Sewers for Adoption, DMRB and Local Authority Design Guides, and are well versed in the preparation of drawings for Contract Documents and S278 and S38 Agreements – you will be able to prepare designs for highway schemes including associated highway drainage.
- The ability to produce masterplans, site appraisals, write reports to support planning applications, design calculations and construction drawings
- An understanding of highway design and highway drainage principles (layout, parameters, etc.)
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD, AutoCAD 3D and MicroDrainage
- You will have roads and sewers design experience working on house builder type developments
- Experience in PDS would also be a distinct benefit as they are also utilising this more regularly
- Confident assisting in the management of a small design team
Rewards and benefits
This is excellent opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading Consultancies in their buoyant Basingstoke office. They are keen to attract candidates at a Senior / Principal level and can in return offer a competitive salary and package, combined with regular reviews and the opportunity to take on more responsible running your own projects and teams as your career progresses.
With a real focus on quality, combined with a fresh and forward-thinking approach this is an excellent opportunity to join one of the UK’s most trusted Consultants and really see your career flourish.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.