Senior Civils Design Engineer
- York, United Kingdom
- £58,000 to £63,000 per annum
I’m recruiting for a well-established, leading, and multinational principal contractor dealing predominantly within Rail for major projects across the UK. The business is rapidly expanding due to securing further long-term frameworks with key clients.
Due to the expansion of their Civil & Structural Design team, they are looking for engineers at various levels to delivery high quality design solutions in line with necessary standards. The right candidate will have a hunger and dedication to build on their experience and use this to help lead the team to project completion.
The in-house design team is responsible for design engineering on a variety of civils, frameworks including CP6, asset management contracts, infrastructure projects, and tendered Rail/civils schemes. Projects will typically include signalling civils enabling, level crossings, power enabling, OLE foundations, and temporary works.
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Experienced in design and detail of structure and superstructure solutions in a Rail environment
- Acted in role of CRE
- Able to work as part of integrated design team and act on instructions from Design Manager
- Experience in project engagement (GRIP stages 3-8)
- PTS certificate
- Demonstrable management of all commercial aspects – cost and value
- Committed to continuous improvement and learning
- Either hold professional membership or working towards
- Proficient in use of spoken and written English language
- UK citizen or indefinite leave to remain
- Reporting into the Design Manager
- CRE duties in accordance with NR/L2/INI/02009
- Submission of quality design documents in accordance with NR/L2/CIV/003, and collating the key components
- Liaise with CAD Technicians in production of drawings
- Input into large multidisciplinary tenders
- Maintain understanding of commercial aspects of projects and ensure cost control measures
- Record and track documents electronically and monitor adherence to quality assurance
- Produce designers risk assessments using variety of forms
- Provide weekly reports outlining work plans, forecasts, and key achievements
- Ensuring designs meet specification and expectation
- Be innovative and introduce improvements where appropriate to areas of responsibility
- Conduct outline design and detailing of Rail civil infrastructure providing accurate and appropriate imagery
- Produce details, specifications, and calculations for retaining walls, pad and piled foundations, steelwork, RC concrete slabs and masonry walls
- Working on signalling civils enabling, level crossings, power enabling works, OLE foundations and temporary works.
- Working with other like-minded engineers and technicians to complete challenging projects throughout the UK.
- Office locations in Birmingham, Doncaster, Manchester, and York.
- Open to incorporating other engineers and technicians known to yourself beneath you within the team.
- Car allowance or company car
- Private healthcare
If you think you could be interested or would like any further information, please apply. I’ll be in touch within 24 hours for a confidential chat.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.