Senior Commercial Manager
- Kent, United Kingdom
- £525 to £526 per day
This post is required within the Team to manage renewals contracts and additional services variations for the business and on behalf of the client. This includes managing accruals, reporting COWD/ forecasting and providing estimating for the entire CP3 & advance CP4 portfolio of works. Additional responsibilities include building a bottom up business budget model for CP4 renewals costs in line with our asset management policy/AMP’s and SAS’s; alongside creation of Activity Based Costing.
The successful candidate will be required to lead cost reporting of portfolio projects (mainly rail/infrastructure)and report on all commercial aspects. A key part of this role is to lead the commercial review of high value/high risk projects and attend valuation and progress meetings. Your experience will enable you to lead the challenge of cost elements, audit where appropriate and confirm whether valuations are consistent with agreed site progress.
* As an experienced Commercial Manager, you will provide pro-active specialist expertise and advice on all proposed scope changes. Establish whether instructions are variations to contract and negotiate value.
* You must recommend mitigating action on all commercial risk and claim events, providing management reports.
* Your experience will enable you to manage all commercial correspondence and contractual notices and you will lead the final account settlements on all projects to manage close out as per the project authority.
* You must also support the demonstration of efficiencies and continual improvement of estimating by undertaking cost analysis.
* An ability to provide high level estimates to negotiate all prices under existing contracts is essential. Prepare project budget and detailed estimates. Cost plan as necessary during development to meet financial targets
* Evaluate and measure the works within the contracted scope; undertake periodic valuations of works in progress as required.
* Careful review of tender documents to identify exact requirements and identify potential issues. Provide a detailed pricing document in line with the scope of work and conduct tender evaluation.
* Attending site and ensuring works priced are being implemented on site, make all necessary notes, take appropriate photographs, review information with the Delivery Manager and take account of findings in tender pricing.
* Knowledge of the construction industry and related supply chains, including commercial and contract administration processes
* Knowledge of construction contracts
* Good leadership skills
* Highly numerate
* Able to effectively communicate at all levels, both internally and externally
* Effective and proven negotiation skills with ability to influence decision making
* Proven ability to manage and drive successful business change programmes
* Computer literate including ability to utilise in-house and external software
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.