Senior Consultant (Transport) – Technical Due Diligence
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £37,000 to £45,000 per annum
Dedicated to sustainable development, we are a collective of designers, advisors and experts working globally. Founded to be humane and excellent, we collaborate with our clients and partners using imagination, technology, and rigour to shape a better world.
Our award-winning Business and Investor Advisory team has been recognised as European Technical Advisor of the Year for the last three years, and are looking to grow the Transport and Social Infrastructure Due Diligence team. Our team supports investors in transport and infrastructure to help understand and value businesses by assessing a range of complex issues. Pandemics, climate change, and technological development are key factors affecting the growth and development of successful transport infrastructure and investments.
Joining as a Senior Consultant in the Business & Investor Advisory (BIA) will give you immediate responsibility for projects and client relationships. You will work alongside our BIA team and technical specialists to help provide investor-focused advice on potential acquisitions of infrastructure assets. This typically means working with infrastructure funds and investors who are interested in acquiring infrastructure assets in the Transport and social infrastructure sector.
Our role on projects is to quickly understand the assets and highlight any key technical or commercial risk/ opportunities that could impact the business plan. This could include identifying capacity constraints at container ports, issues with fault rectification times on EV charging networks, or reviewing the asset’s ESG policies against best practice.
In your role you will be asked to deliver a mix of project management and technical expertise, responsible for identifying what the material technical risks/ opportunities to investors are and to present them in a way in which our clients are able to understand their impact on the business plan.
Furthermore, there is an opportunity to develop the team’s post-transaction advisory capabilities, supporting clients in the management and inception of operational strategies across their portfolio of assets. The services span across one or more of the following subjects:
- Strategy & Implementation – helping clients define and articulate their long-term vision and develop strategy, drawing on the technical breadth of the company and pulling in regulatory and shareholder insights to create strategy rooted in depth of industry knowledge. Development and delivery of roadmaps for implementation.
- Asset Management – development of asset management strategies and plans, business/investment cases, risk and resilience approaches, linked to the desired benefits of the client.
- Operational Excellence – applying suitable diagnostic approaches to identify efficiencies within asset intensive organisations, often in business critical processes (e.g. possessions management in rail) and supporting implementation to create sustainable improvement.
- Operational Readiness, Activation and Transition – working alongside clients to transition between a static state of construction and a dynamic end-to-end operation, by bringing together staff, processes, technology and physical assets
- Re-purposing – supporting client’s re-purpose their assets (sites, plant, equipment) and organisation to adapt to changes in their external environment (e.g. new technologies or changes in demand patterns) to sustain business resilience and to remain competitive.
You will work closely with BIA team members as well as technical specialists globally. Given the nature of the job, you will interact directly with senior management from the businesses and get exposure as to how these businesses are operated whilst also gaining an understanding of what the key drivers are.
Our role typically requires us to undertake site visits to the businesses in order to conduct a visual assessment on the assets as well as discuss the asset management strategy and potential technical risks with Management – hence you will be given opportunities to travel within Europe and Globally.
It would be beneficial to have knowledge of the transport sector such as highways, rail, ports, or aviation. However, you would not be expected to have deep sector expertise and training will be provided so that you can work across a wide range of infrastructure assets.
Key Requirements and Skills
- Experience of delivering technical advice to private investors in the infrastructure sector across at least one of: technical due diligence, asset management, operational excellence, operational readiness, ESG review.
- Likely to have worked in a consultancy firm, investor or developer. Experience in a transport mode or social infrastructure is an advantage but this is not necessary if you can demonstrate the ability to apply your knowledge to the sector.
- Working knowledge of appropriate management tools, methodologies, products and management techniques to develop approaches to solving client problems and management of others to deliver the scope of work.
- Good commercial awareness of a client’s business drivers and their operating environment, including market trends in the infrastructure sector.
- A proven track record of delivering high quality consultancy work and an ability to manage and deliver to client expectations.
- Strong project management skills.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules, employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.