Senior Design Engineer – York
- East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- £51,880 per annum
I am currently recruiting an exciting opportunity for a rail, civils & structures Senior Design Engineer to join a busy in-house design team specialising in civil engineering projects in the rail sector.
Having secured a number of long term Frameworks, my client are further expanding their in-house Civil & Structural Design team.
The in-house design team consists of specialist designers at various levels of competency responsible for design engineering on a variety of civils, rail and engineering projects and frameworks including CP6, asset management contracts, infrastructure projects and tendered rail / civils schemes.
Projects can typically include bridge re-construction/replacement, upgrades and refurbishments, station work (platforms etc.), access for all schemes, structures including bridges, tunnels and footbridges.
As Senior Design Engineer you will have the responsibility for the development of technical solutions within the team’s budgetary, programme and quality requirements.
- Using initiative and confidence to put forward solutions based on sound engineering principles.
- Challenging the brief, enabling innovative development of unambiguous engineering solutions from feasibility through to detailed design.
- Design and Checking of engineering solutions.
- Production of clear, consistent, referenced calculations, reports and sketches to current CoP and Standards.
- Clear communication of design philosophy and requirements with other team members.
- Being Design representative at meetings with the project team.
- Appreciation of the team’s financial, quality and programme targets.
- Management of staff and projects.
- Previous experience as a Civil Senior Design Engineer in a rail project environment.
- Degree qualified Civil / Design Engineer – BSc / BEng / CEng
- Civil engineering project design experience – i.e. bridges, structures, stations, platforms etc.
- Ideally Chartered or at an advanced level of progression towards membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. ICE / IStructE) at either Chartered or Incorporated Level.
- Candidates from a rail / civil & structural engineering design background with experience in client, contractor or consultancy organisations will be considered.
- Competitive annual salary negotiable dependant on experience
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing with service)
- Up to 3 volunteer days
- Company contributory Pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- Westfield Health Cash Plan & Westfield Rewards
- Generous Employee referral scheme
- Support and employee infrastructure embedded in the business as a platform for personal and professional development creating pathways for unrivalled career development and progression opportunities internally.
- Consistent learning opportunities
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.