Senior Drainage Engineer
- West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- £35,000 to £40,000 per annum
Are you looking for the next step in your career? I’m working with a reputable UK born consultancy, established over 50 years’ ago, and looking for Drainage Engineers to aid in the development and growth of their ever-expanding business.
They are looking for Drainage Engineers to help manage the workflow and delivery of designs across multiple sectors. The right candidate will have a hunger and dedication to build on their experience and aid others in their development.
This is a brilliant opportunity for Drainage Engineers with extensive experience of Design and a proven track record of success.
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in Civil Design using SuDS on infrastructure projects
- Experience and understanding of highways and road design
- Working experience with industry CAD packages including AutoCAD, Revit, Tekla, CADS RC, or MasterSeries
- Experience within a consultancy is essential
- Committed to continuous improvement and learning
- Ideally hold professional membership with ICE
- Proficient in use of spoken and written English language
- UK citizen or indefinite leave to remain
- Prepare and check engineering designs, calculations, and manage design production
- Conceptual outline and detailed design of engineering solutions, presentation of engineering options
- Work closely with CAD Technicians in production of drawings
- Prepare Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies
- Input into tenders
- Conduct site surveys and inspections as required
- Maintain understanding of commercial aspects of projects and ensure cost control measures
- Record and track documents electronically and monitor adherence to quality assurance
- Liaise with wider design team to ensure consistency and quality of deliverables across all areas of the project
- Delivery of work to programme, budget, and specification
- Aid in development of junior staff through training and mentoring
- Contribute to development of the office by introducing improvements to procedures, and practices
- Implement effective, value for money, and innovative design solutions to meet technical project requirements
- Adopt a cost effective, high quality, safe and environmentally responsible approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects, compliant with all relevant legislation
- Working on a variation of projects including rail, schools, hotels, sports facilities, residential, restaurants and more.
- Working with other like-minded engineers and technicians to complete challenging major projects throughout the UK.
- Office locations in Leeds, York, or Hull.
- Open to incorporating other engineers and technicians known to yourself within the team.
- Above average employer contribution to pension
If you think you could be interested or would like any further information, please apply. I’ll be in touch within 24 hours for a confidential chat.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.