Senior MicroStation CAD Technician
- York, United Kingdom
- £35,000 to £40,000 per annum
I’m recruiting for a well established multi-disciplinary design consultancy dealing predominantly within Rail for major projects across the UK. The business is aggressively expanding due to attaining further Network Rail projects to be worked on over the next few years.
They are looking for experienced MicroStation CAD Technicians to deliver high quality drawings in line with relevant Network Rail CAD standards. You will be required to assist with the development of other and more junior MicroStation CAD Technicians which will further aid in the growth of the business.
Having experience of at least 5 years within AutoCAD will be beneficial as this is still used in other sectors of the business, although you must have at least 1 year of experience in MicroStation to be considered for this position.
This role could be suited to an experienced CAD Technician / CAD Engineer already taking on some roles at a senior level, Design Engineer, Draughtsman/Draughtswoman.
* 5+ years’ experience with AutoCAD or MicroStation (including minimum 1+ years’ experience of MicroStation)
* Experience with AECOsim or OpenBuildings is favourable
* Experience mentoring other CAD Technicians and other junior members of the team
* Experience working on power generation and/or signalling projects is favourable
* Knowledge of Network Rail CAD standards and procedures
* Experience within a BIM environment
* Ability to work well independently and in a team
* Proficient in use of spoken and written English language
* UK citizen or indefinite leave to remain
* Reporting into the CAD manager
* Develop designs using required CAD systems into quality technical drawings
* Maintain drawing records and ensure accurate document control
* Ensuring designs meet client specification and expectation
* Be innovative and introduce improvements where appropriate to areas of responsibility
* Working on Rail focused projects currently covering power generation and signalling.
* Working with other like-minded technicians and engineers to complete challenging projects throughout the UK.
* Office location in Hull.
* Generous salary on offer
If you think you could be interested or would like any further information, please apply. I’ll be in touch within 24 hours for a confidential chat.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.