Senior OLE Design Engineer
- West Midlands, United Kingdom
- £45 to £50 per hour
We are looking for a Senior OLE Design Engineer to join a large consultancy based in Birmingham to work on Network Rail framework. Flex working from home/office available with complete remote working for the right candidate. Contract role is OUTSIDE IR35.
- Design projects in accordance with client requirements.
- Lead the design of overhead line electrification solutions for engineering projects in accordance with client requirements.
- Act as design checker, Lead Engineer and OLE CRE on specific projects as directed by the Discipline Lead.
- Lead projects and provide task guidance and monitoring of performance.
- Provide project progress reports and updates to the Discipline Lead and Project Management Organisation.
- Achieve the scope agreed with the Project Manager, Project Engineer and others to effectively deliver projects to current engineering and safety standards.
- Achieve personal and project targets including utilisation, delivering projects to budget and programme.
- Manage other members of the OLE Team, provide mentorship to assist their development, and to enhance the skills within the OLE Team to meet business objectives.
- Promote and maintain good relationships with all internal and external parties to enhance the reputation of the OLE Team.
- Apply procedures and systems to ensure the safety of staff and others affected by our operations.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree, HND/HNC in a relevant engineering subject.
- Proficiency in Network Rail OLE infrastructure design and/or construction.
- Detailed knowledge of OLE design.
- Detailed knowledge of multi-disciplinary issues associated with OLE design.
- Detailed knowledge of construction principles and design standards.
- Detailed knowledge of the application of safety standards/legislation including CDM and CSM- RA.
- CRM: Ability to build and maintain client relationships.
- Develops networks inside and outside the business, works in partnership across departments and divisional boundaries.
- Good presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Computer literate, specifically Microsoft Office packages.
- Good commercial awareness including programming and delivery to budgets and timescales.
- Delivery of business results through effective planning and implementation.
- Demonstrate working/communicating across teams within the company to ensure delivery of projects and works collaboratively within and across teams.
- Is passionate about results, holds self and others accountable for performance against targets.
- Transforms business performance by continuously seeking better ways of doing things.
- Takes responsibility for own development and career progression.
- A role model, with excellent leadership and takes the lead when others require direction.
- A self-motivated team player with the ability to motivate others, to support the business.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.