Senior / Principal Transport Planner – London Up to £48k
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £40,000 to £48,000 per annum
Senior / Principal Transport Planner – London – £48K+ package
We are currently working with a London based Transport Planning specialist who have experience a strong level of growth over the past 18 months and as such are looking to expand their business. Established under five years ago they have an impressive range of clients under their belts and are looking for a capable Transport Planner to join them on their journey as they continue to grow. Situated close to Old Street Station you will be working closely with the Director, helping mentor the junior staff and at the same time be an influencing factor in expanding the company.
With at least four years’ experience you will be confident with all aspects of transport planning in the development sector, from producing Transport Statement and Assessments to taking client briefs and working with the team to produce viable solutions. Due to their size and expansion plans you will find yourself working closely with the Director, offering you full support and guidance as your career evolves. With a broad range of clients operating across the residential, commercial and industrial sector you will be given the opportunity to take on a client facing and project delivery role as your experience and confidence grows.
With infrastructure growth proving key as the economy expands you should have firm grasp of listening and evaluating clients’ requirements and producing design based solutions for all street users including walking, cycling and public transport use, and appreciate the importance these all play.
Your day to day activities
- Supporting planning applications by overseeing and preparing Transport Assessments/Statements, Travel Plans, Delivery & Servicing Plans, Construction Logistics Plans, etc.
- Overseeing technical work including feasibility advice, design work, data analysis and traffic modelling.
- Mentoring junior members of staff and supporting their professional development.
- Developing transport / highway solutions and identifying mitigation strategies.
- Liaising with clients and other professionals including architects, project managers and town planners; and
- Supporting business development and other activities that assist in the growth of the company.
To be considered for the role you will be expected to demonstrate the following
- 5+ years of transport planning experience
- A university degree in a relevant subject such as Civil Engineering
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Full and clean driving license
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and clients, both written and verbally.
- Good written English for report writing purposes.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines both within teams and autonomously.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to developing technical knowledge / skills
- Able to work collaboratively within a team and manage junior members of staff
- Knowledge of planning and transport planning policy and relevant design standards and guidance.
- Ability to use / interpret the outputs from transport software including TRICS, LINSIG, ARCADY and PICAD
Rewards and Benefits
Working with this small yet highly knowledgeable Transport Planning specialist they can offer you an excellent environment to help grow and evolve your career. With a flexible approach to training and career development, and exciting plans for the next five years they can offer you a chance to join a forward team on the next stage of their journey. In turn they are able to offer excellent salaries and packages for the right individual.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.