Senior Quantity Surveyor
- West Sussex, United Kingdom
- £60,000 to £65,000 per annum
Stride Resourcing are working with a Tier 1 Contractor who have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the team in their office near Gatwick.
Accountable for a range of commercial responsibilities including measurement, contract administration, record keeping, maintaining key schedules for information and procurement, tendering, placement and management of subcontract works packages throughout the project pre-construction phase. Subsequent onus through to final account conclusion, preparation of internal and external valuations, Final Accounts, Cost Value Reconciliations, Change Management and the valuation of variations, and cash collection, along with input into the risk and opportunity registers.
The Role requires
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable NEC contractual knowledge.
- Demonstrable civil engineering and process engineering technical knowledge.
- Demonstrable financial and commercial acumen with excellent organisational and communication skills
- Practical approach, logical thought process and a methodical way of working
- A creative and innovative approach to problem-solving
- Experience of setting up and/or operating office management systems including filing systems and document control and distribution
- Experience of technical minute taking at contractual meetings and able to demonstrate the ability to collate information and prepare reports
- Experience of drafting contractual correspondence on behalf of the Project Manager based on NEC forms of contract.
- Experience in preparation of subcontractor payment certificates and interim financial reports.
- Experience of contributing to procurement and contract strategies.
- Negotiating and team-working skills and the ability to motivate.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Preferably holds an RICS/CICES accredited degree.
- Full Membership of the RICS or CICES desirable, or enrolled on the approved training scheme for membership
What’s in it for you?
With an industry-leading package and exceptional training, this is your chance to develop an exciting and varied career path in a well-respected business which treats its people with courtesy and respect. They offer excellent benefits for their employees.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.