Senior Rail Planner
- Glasgow City, United Kingdom
- £45,000 to £60,000 per annum
We are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Railway Planning business for Scotland, based in either Edinburgh or Glasgow. The market focus for Railway Planning is in the following core areas:-
- Railway demand and revenue modelling
- Railway operational planning and modelling
- Railway business planning and strategy
- Rail business case and feasibility studies
- Rail regulatory and policy advice
- Rail asset management
The development of rail schemes has never been more exciting and central to such a wide range of society’s most urgent priorities.
Now the role of the rail is truly recognised as central in facilitating growth, regeneration, sustainability accessibility and equality. The development of rail schemes needs to reflect this change in emphasis – and also the significant benefits they deliver across the whole of the country.
We pride ourselves in blending creativity with strong strategic and technical capabilities to work in partnership with our clients to address their challenges – finding the right solution to maximise benefits and value for money. We help clients create projects and programmes looking holistically across strategy and policy reform, future rail contracts, heavy and light rail operational planning, economics, funding and implementation.
We work for a great range of public sector and private sector clients including DfT, Transport Scotland, Great British Railways, HS2 Ltd, TOCs / FOCs and Local Authorities on a wide range of rail-based solutions. We are also deeply focused on a wide range of station and hub developments across the UK.
As an example, we are looking for people with a mixture of the following and developing experiences:
- An overall general understanding and appreciation of railway planning and management, and an understanding of the inter-relationships between strategies, plans and delivery mechanisms (such as concessions, rail projects and the overall contractual matrix / regulatory framework) in the UK rail industry;
* Experience in operational and strategic business case development, design, appraisal and evaluation of rail schemes;
* Understanding of train performance data and analysis;
* Experience in railway planning with an emphasis on operational planning / modelling;
* Understanding of timetable development processes and planning tools;
* Ability to specify, deliver and interpret rail operations models in RailSys or equivalent software packages;
* Task and / or project management skills and the ability to successfully deliver railway projects to budget and time;
* Understanding of the freight market and rail freight planning;
* Understanding of light rail planning and operations; and
* Ability to participate in meetings with clients and customers to demonstrate competence, understanding and a positive problem solving attitude.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector. Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security. In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme.
For more information or to apply contact me directly on 02392 322 321 RLeader@strideresourcing.com
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.