Senior Railway Cost Consultant
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £40,000 to £60,000 per annum
My client are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through their work, they make a positive difference in the world, priding themselves on blending creativity with strong strategic and technical capabilities. They help clients create projects and programmes looking holistically across strategy and policy reform, future rail contracts, heavy and light rail operational planning, economics, funding and implementation.
This is an opportunity for you to take responsibility for project managing small and medium sized rail planning projects for a mix of public and private sector clients, as well as leading delivery of significant work packages within larger projects. Projects could range from government contracts to operate services (e.g. DfT’s Passenger Service Contracts), transactions and due diligence, proposed new infrastructure projects, business case work and others.
You will also be expected to support business development activities, including client relationship development and management, securing commissions and opportunity identification.
- Recognised relevant tertiary qualifications in an appropriate area, such as Finance, Economics, Engineering, Planning, Geography, Operations Research, Mathematics or Science.
- Expertise in whole life cost modelling including operational costs, maintenance and renewals and the capture of income. modelling including maintenance.
- Expertise in capital cost modelling and generating costs from benchmarking approaches for railway systems and/or infrastructure.
- Understanding of Treasury’s Green Book and DfT’s TAG in relation to treatment of costs particularly.
- Proven task and / or project management skills and the ability to successfully deliver railway planning projects to budget and time.
- Excellent spreadsheet skills including experience with spreadsheet best practice. Experience with digital techniques is desirable.
- An overall general understanding and appreciation of railway planning and management, and an understanding of the inter-relationships between strategies, plans and delivery mechanisms (such as concessions, rail projects and the overall contractual matrix / regulatory framework) in the UK rail industry.
- Ability to participate in or lead meetings with clients and customers to demonstrate competence, understanding and problem-solving skills.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector. Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.