Senior RAMSS Engineer
- Warwickshire, United Kingdom
- £60,000 to £70,000 per annum
We are looking for a senior RAMSS Engineer to conduct RAM activities for a portfolio of new and existing projects within the UK Railway sector.
This is a remote role but as your team will be based within the clients Chippenham office, occasional travel will be required.
The role includes planning of safety and RAM activities, conducting hazard identification exercises, hazard analysis and hazard log management, gathering safety assurance evidence, RAM analysis and producing application safety case arguments.
- Developing effective strategies to ensure our products, systems and applications are safe and reliable
- The daily Engineering Safety Management of the portfolio of relevent projects
- Identifying hazards, hazard analysis and hazard management
- Assessing safety risk
- Carrying out RAM requirements capture, analysis, modelling, prediction and demonstration of designs
- Defining and analysing safety and reliability requirements
- Putting together RAM arguments and Reliability Cases
- To monitor the system design and implementation and produce Engineering Safety and RAM analysis material
- To implement a common and auditable approach in the identification of Safety and RAM requirements, their implementation, and the demonstration of compliance with those requirements
- To comply with current best practice standards (e.g. CENELEC 50126/50128/50129,Common Safety Method (CSM), NTSNs and IEC 61508 etc.) and guidelines
- To understand the risk issues associated with the work
- To keep up to date with risk assessment and risk management
- Effectively communicate relevant information on risk issues
Qualifications – Essential:
- Degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic/Computer Science or related
- Understanding and application experience of safety management and safety engineering processes such as safety planning, hazard analysis, safety requirements capture and safety case development
- Understanding and application experience of RAM management and RAM engineering processes such as RAM planning, RAM analysis, RAM requirements capture, FRACAS and production of RAM Demonstration reports
- Experience or knowledge of producing the following: Hazard Identification, System Hazard Log Management, System Hazard Analysis Reports, Application Safety Cases (structured to CENELEC 50129)
Qualifications – Desirable:
- Previous experience in the UK rail industry with respect to the engineering safety/RAM management
- Understanding and application experience of verification and validation techniques including an appreciation of signalling principles testing
- Experience with CENELEC 50126/50128/50129 and IEC 61508
- Experience on Application of Control Command and Signalling Technical Specification
- Experience or knowledge of cybersecurity standards (e.g. IEC 62443, TS 50701)
- Experience in safety-critical programmable and electronic systems
- Experience of DOORS Requirements Management Databases
If you are interested in this position, please send me a copy of your latest CV.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.